Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Glittery Thank You

Another glittery card for you all today. This one was done with a different method, however. I learned this from Vicki, and you can get all the materials from her. Just write to her at VBoddicker@aol.com. She’s a great source of most anything you might need!

For this card, you need some special soap, some special double-sided sticky paper, a brass stencil and some glitter. You soap up your stencil and adhere it to the sticky paper, which has been trimmed to just slightly smaller than the stencil. Then you stick the paper and the stencil to another piece of cardstock. Carefully add the glitter with the appropriate colors into your stencil. When all the areas of the stencil have been filled in with glitter, remove the stencil. Sprinkle white or clear glitter (or whatever color you want!) over the rest of the sticky paper. Voila!

I used Art Studio Ultrafine glitter on this card, but I tried some I got from the dollar spot at JoAnn’s, and I liked that even better! In Real Life, you can read the “Thank You” better than it shows up in the picture.

The matting papers are both from Archiver’s. I scored the bluish cardstock with my Scor-Pal. The patterned paper is from Archiver’s free pack – free with a $50 purchase. I distressed the edges and rubbed on a little bit of Tim Holtz’s Distress Ink – Tea Dye. The ribbon is SU! – Certainly Celery grosgrain. (And it matches better IRL, too.)

I’ll add another card I made with this method, too, just for fun.

Thanks for looking, and I hope you’ll come back and visit again soon!

2 comments:

deb said...

These are so pretty! I'm going to have to try that! I have a few things sitting her that need that touch!
hugz

Anonymous said...

Th ultimate in eye candy!!!!
Joanne