Saturday, July 26, 2008

Tangerine Butterfly

Here is a fun, simple little card!

I used some Tangerine Lasting Impressions paper, which is white on the back to make it easy to dry emboss on. I started with the Cuttlebug butterfly small embossing folder. Then I used my Scor-Pal to score two lines on either side of the butterfly. After that, I ran it through twice using a large Cuttlebug folder on each side. I needed to score the lines again, but I like to do the scoring first because it makes it easier for me to position the folder right where I want it. After all of the embossing and scoring was done, I used a sanding block on all of the raised part, allowing the white to show through.

Next, I used Tim Holtz Distress Ink – Tea Bag – to sponge around the edges. I liked the way it looked, so I sponged lightly over the whole card. The sentiment is from PaperTrey Ink’s “Mixed Messages” and I used the TH Distress Ink for that, too. Three Dew Drops, and the card was finished.

Thanks for looking, and I hope you’ll come back and visit again soon!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great CAS card with so much texture - awesome!

deb said...

This is fantastic!! I love the colors and the design!!
Great job!!
hugz

Anonymous said...

Only you could make a simple card look so AWESOME!!!! GREAT JOB!
Joanne

deb said...

still love the card!! Please visit my blog, top post, I have something for you!!

Anonymous said...

This is one of the cutest cards I've ever seen. I have that little butterfly too! Great job Lynette!

Terri

Az Scrappin Sisters said...

I found many delightful ideas and inspiration. Thank you very much for sharing on your website.