Wednesday, August 13, 2008

A Birdhouse Thank You

Yesterday was a fun day for me – a friend came over and we visited, and she scrapbooked while I stamped – awesome! Here is the card I made while she was here.

The background grid is done with my Scor-Pal, scoring every quarter inch on each side in two directions. The bottom of the main panel is embossed with a Cuttlebug Bubbles folder. The circle is embossed with a small Cuttlebug folder. The line in between is done with a Scor-Pal. The birdhouse stamp and the thank you stamp are from a Studio G set. The left side of the thank you had a couple leaves, but I used a marker to ink up the stamp and omitted them, as they would have been stamped over the embossed circle. Instead, I drew a leaf after I stamped the rest of the sentiment. I colored the leaves and the image with SU! markers. I also used a So Saffron marker to highlight the embossed circle, the scored line, and some of the bubbles. The dashed-line is hand doodled around the top of the panel. The matting is So Saffron. I added a couple seed beads for the flower centers.

Thanks for looking, and I hope you’ll come back and visit again soon!

4 comments:

Jeanette - said...

Lynette - this is an awesome card! I'm going to start calling you the Score-Pal queen :) Great job!

Sheri said...

Great card Lynette! You are the ScorPal queen!

Anonymous said...

Hi ScorPal queen - such a cute card! The CB makes it look like the birdhouse is in a backyard by a patio! Very cute.

deb said...

Wonderful!! Great job!
Your crativeness shines!!
hugz