Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Snowflakes in August???

Today’s card just “happened” - I didn’t set out to make a winter card! I had the scored piece still on my table from my Scor-Pal experiments and wanted to use it. After looking and looking, I decided it needed something stamped in the centers of the squares – something tiny. The Studio G sets I had just gotten from Michael's were still on my table, too, so I looked them over and found this little snowflake – perfect! It’s hard to tell, but they are embossed with silver. I sponged some Night of Navy around the edges, and also across a lot of the white. I mounted it on a piece of “mirror” cardstock, and then on Night of Navy. It needed more, so I added shiny silver brads in the centers of the corners. I tried using my Stampin’ Up! slit punch to punch a place for the ribbon knot, but the paper layers were too thick, so I just traced through the slit punch and used a scissors to cut it out.

The background is embossed using a Fiskars texture plate and my BIGkick. I really do love the Fiskars texture plates. To get the nice deep impressions, I always mist my paper before embossing. I sponged a little Night of Navy on the edges of the background piece, too. Then I added the grosgrain ribbon. I haven’t put a sentiment on it yet, because I’m not sure if it will be a Christmas card, or a winter birthday card.

Thanks for looking, and I hope you’ll come back and visit again soon!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Such a beautiful card! Love the scoring on it and the silver embossing.

Mary said...

Awesome card! I love that it can be used as a birthday card or a Christmas card.

Mary