Saturday, September 6, 2008

Birthday Wishes

Pre-posting is really nice! When this gets posted, I’ll be camping with a group of friends – and freezing! Oh well, it will be a lot of fun, and I’ll survive the cold. We always camp this weekend with this group of friends and the weather is totally unpredictable, ranging from really hot to really cold. One thing that is a constant, though, is that it always does some raining on us – LOL!

Anyway, today’s card is a birthday card. I started with the rose. I made it to use as the “R” in my Yahoo group’s Alphabet Swap, but changed my mind, so it was just laying on my table waiting to be used. I inked up a clear stamp by Penny Black using Versa Magic chalk inks – two shades of green, a pink and a burgundy. Then I carefully cut it out. It’s mounted on Pop Dots. “Birthday wishes” is from Stampin’ Up!’s Sincere Salutations, stamped in Eggplant Envy. It’s cut and embossed with a square Nestability, as is the Certainly Celery it’s matted on. The frame around it is also embossed with a square Nestability. The scoring is all done with my Scor-Pal. The cardstock is Stamper’s Select White from PaperTrey Ink.

Thanks so much for looking, and I hope you’ll come back and visit again soon!

5 comments:

Melanie said...

OOOOHHH, oh so pretty! :) I love the cards with flowers..... what a beautiful card!!

Have a blessed weekend!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous, Lynette! Love that scoring!! And camping...um...not for me! I need power and plumbing! :) I hope you're having a great time!

Anonymous said...

Such a beautiful card - Lynette - you can save that for me for my birthday!! LOL

Jeanette - said...

Lynette - This is beautiful! I think Score-Pal needs to have you on their design team. You would definitely be an asset to them, your work with it is amazing!!!

Busybee said...

simply georgeous