Thursday, September 11, 2008

Happy Anniversary, Harriet!

There wasn’t going to be a post today, but since my friend, Harriet, and her husband received their anniversary card in the mail today, I can post this one!

The entire card front is covered with vellum. I inked up the birds and the leaves (from Inkadinkado’s Birds Galore) with Versamagic Chalk Inks in Plumeria and Spanish Olive and stamped them on the vellum. Then I very patiently waited for them to dry. When they were totally dry, I flipped the vellum over and repeated the process on the other side. Even “in real life” it’s kind of hard to tell that they are stamped on the front and the back. (At least I think so!) I used a Cuttlebug border to emboss the green (Old Olive) strip, and then colored it with SU! markers in Baroque Burgundy and Old Olive and a white gel pen. I used my Scor-Pal and scored lines on each side of the Old Olive and adhered the strip to the card front, under the vellum. I used Duck Tape double-sided tape (available at
JoAnn’s, among other places, I assume) to adhere the vellum to the card front and to the Old Olive. I also adhered the vellum to the upper corners, and then added the pearls. The sentiment is from a clear Fiskars wedding/anniversary set, and it’s stamped with Versafine Black Onyx and embossed with clear embossing powder. The card base is Papertrey Stamper’s Select White.


Thanks so much for looking, and I hope you’ll come back and visit again soon!

4 comments:

Darlene said...

This is beautiful!!! I commend you on your patience in waiting for the ink to dry on the vellum! It was well worth your wait ... the card turned out gorgeous!!

Anonymous said...

This card is so BEAUTIFUL! You really inspired me! I'm going to dig out my vellum! Your work is always exceptional!!!
Joanne

Anonymous said...

Lynette you know that I am in LOVE with this card! And it is hard to tell that it is stamped on both sides of the vellum - it is a perfect job! Thank you so much for this special card in honor of my anniversary!! Hugs!

Lesley said...

Very pretty Lynette.