Thursday, November 6, 2008

"T is for Thimble"


My card for today is one that I did for an alphabet swap I’m in with my Yahoo! group. We were on the Letter T. “T is for Thimble” (and Thread.)

I started by stamping the thimble (from the retired Stampin’ Up! set Antique Collectibles) on a silver “mirror” cardstock with Staz-On. I colored parts of it with a gold gel pen. Then I took an embossing stylus and pressed in to make the “dimples.” I cut out the thimble and mounted it on Pop Dots. I cut the squares that the thimble is mounted on and the long rectangle background with Nestabilities. The scalloped layers are a yellow-ish gold shimmery paper. I thought the Bubbles Cuttlebug folder kind of went with the dimples in the thimble. I added some ribbon, and some scoring with my Scor-Pal. Then I threaded a real needle with real thread and adhered them in place. That’s it!

Thanks so much for looking, and I hope you’ll come back and visit again soon!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow Lynette -- this card is truly stunning! You are so clever to emboss the dimples in the thimble. Love the needle and thread! Absolutely beautiful card - the cuttlebug folder was a great choice also.

Vicki
vdoyle8@aol.com

Julie said...

Wow from me, too -- the details are so excellent on this one. What a great idea and design! I would have never thought to do the thimble that way -- so clever.