Wednesday, February 11, 2009

CAS Inspiration Challenge


I’m not totally thrilled with today’s card, but it’s what I’ve got for you today!

There is a new challenge at SplitCoastStampers, and it’s awesome – it’s a Clean and Simple challenge! I believe it will be every Monday. This week it was an “Inspiration Challenge.” We were to choose a pattern of flannel fabric from JoAnn’s and use it as inspiration for a card.
Here is the challenge.

The pattern of fabric I chose was this one:

I used a Fiskars texture plate called Hands and Feet. I really like the texture plates – they are larger than the Cuttlebug folders, and there are some awesome patterns. To get a really great impression, though, you have to mist the paper with water first. After my cardstock dried, I cut four squares out it, trying to get just the designs I wanted. I sponged the edges and the embossing with Stampin’ Up! inks in Pretty in Pink, Bliss Blue, Barely Banana and Mint Melody. I mounted them on the same color SU! cardstock and arranged them in a square on the card front. The Congrats sentiment is from Clearly Wordsworth and I used Versafine Onyx Black ink.

Thanks so much for looking, and I hope you’ll come back and visit again soon!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really like your card, it turned out really cute, and so much like the flannel that inspired your card. I will have to get some of the textured plates and try them.

Anonymous said...

Great card, Lynette! It reminds me of one I made but I had put small stamped baby designs in each square. Those pastel papers are great for baby cards!

Michele Kovack said...

This matches the fabric perfectly!!! Such a sweet card!