Friday, February 13, 2009

Faux Embossed Sympathy

I made this card several days ago, but I could never get a good picture of it. We finally had a bit of sunshine, and I’m hoping you can see what I want you to see in this picture.

It’s a very simple card using a technique called “Faux Embossing.” You can find the instructions
HERE on SCS. Basically, you stamp your image in white, then use your Stamp-a-ma-Jig to stamp the image again, slightly off from the first stamping, with the same color ink as the paper you are stamping on, to create the “shadow.” (How’s that for a sentence!!) I saw this card and I loved the technique done with that stamp and in Baja Breeze, so I cased it. It’s pretty hard to change something in a card this simple, but I removed the ribbon, added pearls and of course I used my Scor-Pal. I hope you can see the embossed effect – in real life you almost have to touch it to feel if it’s embossed or not!

Most cards that I make, I leave blank inside. For sympathy cards, I usually print my sentiment using the computer before I make the card. I find it hard to write in a sympathy card, and it's nice to pretty much just have to sign it when I need to use it, rather than having to come up with something to say.

Thanks so much for looking, and I hope you’ll come back and visit again soon!

4 comments:

Jeanette - said...

WOW!! This is gorgeous and it looks like it is truly embossed, you did a GREAT JOB!!! I love your scoring lines too, they add to it!!

Carolyn King said...

wow..you did an awesome job. I had to look twice...totally looks embossed!

Anonymous said...

This is gorgeous, Lynette! I thought for SURE that strip was actually embossed!

Anne said...

Simply beautiful, Lynette! Truly catches ones eye.

{L&H}
-A. :)