Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Picket Fence Birthday


I guess I didn’t upload this card yet, so I will do that today. I made it last week.

I saw Martha Stewart’s Picket Fence punch on a couple blogs, so of course I had to have it! I realize the flowers are a bit large for the fence, but it’s just a card, right??? I punched the fence, chose my ribbon, and scored the lines around the ribbon. I stamped the flowers (from Stampin’ Up!’s Sweet Stems) with Versafine Onyx Black. I colored them with SU! markers in Cameo Coral and Old Olive. I colored the bases of the flowers several times to make them darker. I used a Signo Gel pen to highlight the spots in the flowers. The fence layer is mounted on Pop Dots for dimension. I would have liked to have moved the fence border higher on the card, but I managed to smear a little bit of black ink on the bottom so I had to cover it up. Oh well! I also only wanted one “happy birthday” on the card, but I didn’t like the placement of the first one, so I added a couple more. They kind of look like birds flying overhead, so that works for me.

Thanks so much for looking, and I hope you’ll come back and visit again soon!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your card. I really like the MS picket fence punch, I have not seen one, I think I will have to get one too.

Barbara said...

Ah Ha!! Aren't you glad you bought the picket fence punch? It looks so perfect on this card. Love it!