Saturday, February 7, 2009

PTI Color Challenge


Today’s card I made yesterday for Papertrey Ink’s Color Challenge. (The contest is now closed. However there is another contest today and it is a sketch challenge.) The winner gets a package of EACH of PTI’s 2008 colors! Wouldn’t that be WONDERFUL??? The colors we were to use were Pure Poppy, Summer Sunrise, Ripe Avocado and Ocean Tides. I only have three colors from PTI - none of which was in the challenge! - so I used Stampin’ Up! colors – Real Red, Summer Sun, Old Olive and Baja Breeze. All the stamps I used were from Papertrey, though!

I stamped the image from PTI’s Text Boxed set with Baja Breeze, then embossed it with clear embossing powder. I colored the flower, stem and leaves with Stampin’ Up! Old Olive and Summer Sun markers, then stamped the center of the flower in Real Red. I mounted it on Real Red and Baja Breeze. I scored double lines beside the ribbon with my Scor-Pal. The sentiment is also from Papertrey Ink – from their first set, called Paper Tray.

Thanks so much for looking, and I hope you’ll come back and visit again soon!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome card.....very striking with those colors!!!

Barbara said...

This card is very cheerful! I love the colors!

Mary said...

Your card is beautiful! I hope that you win the challenge. :)

Mary

Sam said...

Wow, that's another gorgeous card from you!!

Have left you something on my card blog!! Go see!

Beth M said...

Love the fun colors on this one!