Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Scrap Card

Today’s card is made from scraps. I had these three pieces sitting on my table after making this card last week. The patterned piece with the rabbits was even matted.

The first thing I did was mat the white piece, which was already embossed and scored. I tried the semi-circle unmatted, but decided to mat that one, too. I had to use my Coluzzle, since the circle had been cut with my largest circle Nestability. I laid the pieces out in all sorts of configurations, but liked this one best. Too much white, though, so I added the Almost Amethyst layer, then decided that needed to be matted, too. The ribbon and matting is Certainly Celery. To be totally truthful, there was an arrangement I liked better, but when I stamped the sentiment (from Stampendous) I got an unwanted line from the edge of the rubber, so I had to turn my bottom layer around and cover it up. So,this was my second-favorite configuration. :)

Thanks so much for looking, and I hope you’ll come back and visit again soon!

4 comments:

Jeanette - said...

So cute! I love the colors!

bonnie32002 said...

Love your "scraps" card. I pulled out a box of scraps too. I will work on using them up.

Carolyn King said...

great idea--to make a card from scraps...I could make 50 from the ones on my stamp room floor alone!

Great job-love the colors!

Ittybittyinkspotstoo said...

Love this! My scraps NEVER look so good! Love the colors!
hugz
deb