Sunday, March 29, 2009

Easter Card

Here is the card I made for the 2RedBananas Spring Challenge from two weeks ago. The challenge was to make a Spring card. (Just to clarify - my card did NOT win on its own merit - it was a random drawing! :) ) Here is this week's challenge - to use gems. There is a prize this week, too - a bottle of metallic Dew Drops!

The duck stamp is from a set by Sandylion. I stamped it on yellow background paper and cut it out. I stamped it again on the yellow and also on white. I cut the wing out of the yellow and mounted it on a Pop Dot. I punched the white image and the pink scalloped circle with a Marvy punch. The yellow circle is cut with a Nestability. I sponged a little black around the white circle and added black dots to the scallops. Then I adhered the yellow paper-pieced image to the white image. The background paper is from Sizzix, mounted on black. The yellow felt rick rack is from JoAnn’s. The Happy Easter sentiment is from Inkadinkado.

Thanks so much for looking, and I hope you’ll come back and visit again soon!

4 comments:

Ittybittyinkspotstoo said...

This is so cute! You did a wonderful job! I love the layers behind the circle!! Cute image!!
hugz
deb

Vicki said...

Oh, Lynette, that card is just so sweet! It could be used as a baby card, too, I think. Who makes that stamp?

Carolyn King said...

super cute--love the ribbon too!!!

bonnie32002 said...

Random or not; it is a great design. Congratulations!