Wednesday, March 25, 2009

SCS Color Challenge Birthday and an Award

Another SplitCoastStampers challenge card today – this one for the Color Challenge which is to use Pretty in Pink, Kiwi Kiss and Baja Breeze. I’m just going to pretty much copy and paste what I wrote when I uploaded the card to SCS, because it was kind of long and I don’t want to have to write it all again!

All of the stamps except the sentiment are from a set by Hampton Art. It was kind of tricky to color the stamps in multiple colors without Kiwi Kiss and Baja Breeze markers, but I did my best! I used three main stamps. The bottom two pink flowers and the leaves below them are one stamp. I inked up the leaves only as best as I could using the Kiwi Kiss ink pad. Then I used a Pretty in Pink marker for the flowers. I used a blender pen to remove the marker from the flower center and then colored it with a So Saffron marker. Then I masked the two flowers and added the stamping behind it. For this stamp, I inked up the whole thing with Kiwi Kiss, then used the blender pen to remove the ink from the flowers, and then stamped the image. I did this twice. Then I inked up just the flowers with the Baja Breeze pad and removed the ink from the stems. The smallest pink flowers are a separate stamp. The pink border stamp is also included in this set. The sentiment is from Sincere Salutations and is stamped with Kiwi Kiss. The bottom corners are cut and embossed with a Fiskars embossing corner punch. The main panel is mounted on Baja Breeze and then onto the card. It needed something else, so I added glitter to all of the flowers. Hope you can see most of it - it's really quite pretty “In Real Life!”

I received another Blog Award, too! Thanks so much, Barb, for honoring me with a “Top Ten Faves” award. I really appreciate the recognition. Barb’s blog is called “
Made for Keeps.”

Thanks so much for looking, and I hope you’ll come back and visit again soon!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very pretty card, Lynette! That does look like a tricky design to color without markers. Someone will be very lucky to get that card.

Anonymous said...

You make me want to try a color challenge...love the color combo on this! I just don't have any matching SU CS, markers, or ribbons lol!