Wednesday, March 4, 2009

SCS Color Challenge - Birthday


Another SplitCoastStampers Color Challenge card for today. This one is #208 and you can find the link here. The colors are Kiwi Kiss, Pink Passion and Chocolate Chip.

I'd been playing with this stamp a little bit, and it was out on my table, so I thought I’d give it a try. It's by Anna Griffin. (I had been using Old Olive, Cameo Coral and Creamy Caramel, previously. I did finish a card with those colors that I will be posting soon.) I colored the stamp with markers - Old Olive, Pink Passion and Chocolate Chip. After stamping it, I used a blender pen to spread the color a little bit to the white areas. I used Rectangle Nestabilities to cut the image and the mattings. I embossed the bottom layer with the Cuttlebug Swiss Dots folder and I sponged Kiwi Kiss on the edges. The 'frame' on the card front was embossed with a Nestability, also. I thought I was going to actually make a card without using my Scor-Pal, but I couldn't do it! It just looked a little too 'top-heavy' without the little trim piece of Kiwi Kiss and scoring on the bottom. The sentiment is from a retired Stampin’ Up! set called All Occasions and I used Chocolate Chip to stamp it.

Thanks so much for looking, and I hope you’ll come back and visit again soon!

4 comments:

Jeanette - said...

Beautiful Lynette! Your cards are always so stunning!!!

bonnie32002 said...

I love this! I want to learn how you make all those neat score's for the layers. I'm off to reread your post to see how to do it!

Ittybittyinkspotstoo said...

WOW this is gorgeous!! Classy all over!!
hugz
deb

Sue C said...

This is absolutely beautiful - a really stunning card. You have a great eye for color and design!