Sunday, April 19, 2009

Clean & Simple Layout Challenge

Today’s card is for Natasha Trupp’s “Fall-to Layout” challenge #38. Her blog is called Clean & Simple Stamping.

Both of the stamps I used are from a clear set by Stampendous. I stamped the image with Versafine Onyx Black ink on PaperTrey Ink’s Stamper's Select white cardstock. I colored it with Prismacolor pencils and blended with Gamsol. I stamped the image on scratch paper, cut out the image rectangle, and used it to mask off the area outside the image. I then dabbed a Versamark pad over the colored image and embossed it with Iridescent Sparkle embossing powder. Then I used Versamark on it again and embossed it with Deep Impressions embossing powder. I wish you could see the sparkle better, but I’m including a close-up so you can see it closer. I didn’t have a button the right color, and I’m not sure a button would have been the right embellishment, anyway. So I used a little “bling.”

Thanks so much for looking, and I hope you’ll come back and visit again soon!

7 comments:

Ittybittyinkspotstoo said...

WOW this is just awesome. I love the colors!!
Another fab card!!
hugz
deb

Danni said...

I really like this! so very pretty!

Suzie said...

Just so beautiful, Lynette. I clicked on both to get a close-up of the lovely sparkles! Tfs!

Jeanette - said...

These colors are so pretty on this Lynette! I love the sparkles too :)

shel9999 said...

Another gorgeous card, Lynette! SO pretty!

bonnie32002 said...

I love the two tones of aqua that you used. I don't think I would have thought to use two different shades to mat with; great idea!

kathleen said...

I love this card. I have had this stamp for years. I had to have the set but I have never inked them up. You have inspired me. I clicked on your blog link from SCS and am going to subscribe . I really like your sytle of cards.
Thank you
Kathleen
Australia