Saturday, April 4, 2009

Grandson Congrats!

Annie, I’m hoping you’ve gotten this by now! Congrats on your new grandson!

This card is a case of one of my own cards, which is a case of this card by Michele Boyer. Is that enough casing for you? LOL! I should have written things down before I mailed it off, but to the best of my recollection – which is questionable some times! – this is how I made it. The bottom layer is Blue Bayou from Stampin’ Up! The other papers are from Die Cuts With a View Nana’s Nursery – Boy. The Congratulations is from an SU! set called All Year Cheer I. I stamped it with Blue Bayou and embossed with Kaleidoscope embossing powder. The 'brads' are actually from the jewelry department at Michael's and are called 'studs.' The 'charm' is a Studio G stamp stamped on Shrinky Dink and shrunk. I punched the hole for the ribbon before heating, then added ribbon. Shrinky Dink works really well with a heat gun and makes awesome embellishments. (Thanks for reminding me to use it, Harriet!)

Thanks so much for looking, and I hope you’ll come back and visit again soon!

1 comment:

Vicki said...

What a cute card. That paper just makes the card all by itself. Lucky Annie!!!