Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Sixtieth Anniversary Card

The card I’m sharing with you today is the one I made for my mom and dad for their 60th Wedding Anniversary. (Congratulations to them!)

It is a full sheet folded in half, so it measure 8.5 inches by 5.5 inches. I started with my JustRite Stamper. I stamped the words, then stamped the "60." Then I added the heart, which is from a Paper Inspirations set and is stamped with a Versamagic pad and embossed with Iridescent Sparkle embossing powder. I mounted it on a circle cut from Papertrey Ink's Sweet Blush, then on a scalloped circle cut from vellum. And it’s popped up with Pop Dots. The left panel is embossed with a Cuttlebug folder called D’vine Swirls. I brayered the folder with Versamark before embossing, then used Iridescent Sparkle embossing powder on it, too. It is also mounted on Sweet Blush, as is the bottom layer. The butterflies are punched from vellum with a Martha Stewart punch and are also popped up on Pop Dot pieces. I scored lines on both sides of the ribbon, which is from Papertrey Ink. I added pearls of different sizes to the butterflies, the lower-right corner and also on the sentiment circle. I had put asterisks on the sides of the sentiment, but I covered them with pearls to match the others.

Thanks so much for looking, and I hope you’ll come back and visit again soon!

4 comments:

Vicki said...

This card is so beautiful. I just know it must be even prettier in person. I'm glad you had a nice party for them.

bonnie32002 said...

Wow! Congratulations to your Mom & Dad.

Had you not told us that the card was a bigger size I would have never known. Now I'm off to see what a just right stamper looks like. I've probably seen them I just can't remember lol!

KanataNewf said...

This is just so lovely. My parents will celebrate their 40th in a few months and I am thinking of making it now thanks to this post!

Annie said...

Lynette, I love your cards so much!! I'm sure glad you have a blog, so we can look at them whenever we want to!!