Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Punched Thanks

I got a new punch yesterday, so I had to use it! It's a Martha Stewart border punch. I've always had a "thing" for Thank You cards, so this was perfect for me. :) The new punches are more expensive (a dollar more) but the edges fold up, so they take up less room. Yippee!

Anyway, here is the simple card I made with it. The paper came from a scrap pack I got at Target a few years ago. I still love these colors and the texture of the paper. I embossed the top part with a Sizzix embossing folder. I sponged a little Versamagic ink on the matting behind the THANKS. I came across some silver cord as I was cleaning up earlier, so I threaded that through the holes under the THANKS. The flower was already in my "card parts" pile (made with a couple different punches and a Bazzil brad) so I just cut a circle out and put the flower on it. I sponged the edges of the circle, too.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

3 comments:

Harriet Skelly said...

What a great border punch Lynette - I bet we'll see a lot of this on your cards!

Mary said...

I love this new border punch and can see why you bought it. I love the way that you have used your punches and embossed folder together. It is an awesome card.

Mary

http://Cardunow.blogspot.com said...

cute cute......love your creativity....Deloris
http://Cardunow.blogspot.com