Thursday, July 23, 2009

SCS Sketch Challenge - Soaring!

Today’s card is for SplitCoastStampers’ Sketch Challenge #238. The stamps are all from a 2RedBananas set called Caring Critters.

I stamped the bird with Versafine Onyx Black ink and embossed with clear embossing powder. I trimmed it down to the size I wanted it, leaving the underhanging leaf, which I then cut out. (OK - that was my PLAN! In actuality, the branch accidentally got cut off, and I had to tape it back on. That made it easier to do anyway! :) ) I stamped the butterflies on another square and colored them. The coloring was done with Stampin’ Up! markers in Really Rust, Close to Cocoa, Always Artichoke and Brocade Blue. The butterfly on the right was cut out and then popped up with Pop Dots. The squares are mounted on a mat of SU! Always Artichoke cardstock. The ribbon on the left is from Basic Gray. The sentiment is embossed, also. After I uploaded it to SCS and got comments about the “scene” I had created it, I added a link to it from Danni’s blog for Flutter By Wednesday. The theme yesterday was to create a scene! And as always, to use a butterfly or a fairy.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you’ll come back and visit again soon.

4 comments:

Jeanette - said...

Beautiful card! I love the way your 'scene' extends over the squares, great job!!

Julie said...

Oh, is this beautiful! I love the 'scene' effect, and there is something about that Really Rust that is so eye-catching. I love that color!

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

What cute stamps! They remind me of Whipper Snapper designs. Great card!

Mary said...

The scene on your card came out wonderful. You always make such pretty cards.

Mary