Wednesday, August 5, 2009

CAS Challenge - Stitching


Two cards again today – both for the Clean and Simple Challenge for this week. The challenge was to use stitching – either real or faux. I chose to use real. I bought this variegated thread a couple years ago to use for sewing on some cards, but I think I had only used it once.

The flowers on this first card are from Stampin’ Up!’s Sweet Dreams and the sentiment is also Stampin’ Up! from Lots of Thoughts. I inked both up with Stampin’ Up! markers from the Bold Brights family – Brilliant Blue, Real Red, Yo-Yo Yellow and Glorious Green. The image is matted on Real Red and mounted on Pop Dots. I added tiny pearls to the flower centers. The card base is Papertrey Ink’s Stamper's Select white.
For this second card, I used the same variegated thread and alternated between straight and zig-zag stitching. The stamps are from Studio G clear dollar sets, and the ink is Versamagic – Spanish Moss, Red Brick and Night Sky. I wanted the flower center to be a bright yellow, but I had no bright yellow buttons. So, I found one the right size and dipped it in Colorbox Canary yellow pigment ink. Then I added Iridescent Sparkle embossing powder and heated it. I tied it on with navy DMC floss. The image panel is matted on Night of Navy cardstock and mounted on Pop Dots.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you’ll come back and visit again soon!

4 comments:

Jeanette - said...

These are so pretty Lynette and I LOVE your varigated thread. Great cards!!

Harriet Skelly said...

Lynette I love them both! That thread really enhances an already awesome card!

Danni said...

Love, love, love these!

Barbara said...

These are great! I love the varigated thread -- it adds so much interest and magic. Gorgeous!

Barb