Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Tri-Shutter in White




Today’s card is another Tri-Shutter card. I really wanted to make one that was predominantly white. And with the stamps I wanted to use, it worked better to change the orientation. You can find the tutorial here.

The only stamping was done with two stamps from the Stampin’ Up! set called Elegant Greetings. I thought they fit with the elegance of white. All the white that I used is textured. I embossed some sections with a Cuttlebug Swiss Dots folder and some with a D'vine Swirl folder. I left the areas unembossed that had stamping. I used Oval Nestabilities – plain and scalloped - for the front sentiment panel and sponged the edges with Baja Breeze. All the matting is done with Stampin’ Up!’s Baja Breeze cardstock. I punched the butterflies with a Martha Stewart punch. I added white dots with a gel pen, and then pearls for the bodies.
Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you’ll come back and visit again soon!

5 comments:

Vicki said...

That is one beautiful card! You make it look so simple. :)

Jeanette - said...

Gorgeous Lynette! I love how you turned the card! And of course I love your embossing :)

Dawnll said...

Lynette this is just beautiful I love the simplicity of the white.Anyone would be thrilled to receive this card and feel so special that you chose to give to them.

Mary said...

Lynette, Your card is absolutely gorgeous. I've never made a Tri-shuuter card. It looks a tad time consuming. Thank you for sharing it with all of us.

Mary

Jennie - The Crafty Wife said...

I followed the link from scor-pals and I found your beautiful card. Just the two colours together work wonderfully. Thank you for sharing
Jennie