Saturday, August 15, 2009

WT231 - hello

This card is for SplitCoastStampers Ways to Use It Challenge #231 - to use variegated color. I chose to use my variegated thread again:-) I started this on Thursday morning, but just finished it up Friday night. (My sister was moving to Atlanta, and I was busy with her, helping her and having her stay at my house, then taking her to the airport at 3:30 a.m. this morning! I'm going to miss her:( )

The stamp is a stampoff from last year in Des Moines. I know it's from Stampin' Up! - a hostess set, I believe. I colored the flowers with Stampin' Up! markers, and watercolored the background with Barely Banana and a paintbrush. The background papers are from DCWV and the matting is Brilliant Blue. I'm still working on the challenge to use patterned paper!

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back again and visit again soon!

3 comments:

Harriet Skelly said...

Such a pretty image Lynette - and the sewing border is so pretty using that thread! Sorry your sister moved away!

Mary said...

I love that you used verigated thread on your card. Your card is so very pretty.

Sorry to hear that your sister has moved. I know what it is like to have someone you love move away. :(

Mary

Chookarooni said...

This is a lovely card Lynette - I love it!
Mary-Jane