Wednesday, October 14, 2009

SCS CAS Color Challenge - Done and Re-Done!

I did these cards for this week's color challenge on SplitCoastStampers. The colors are Bermuda Bay, Apricot Appeal and Chocolate Chip. I also used Natasha's Fall-to Layout #63. I did the first card, didn't quite like it, so I re-did it. I like the second one much better. What do you think?

For both of them, I used a Stampin' Up! Forever Flowers wheel to stamp the background. For the top one I used Versafine Vintage Sepia ink, and for the bottom one I used Chocolate Chip. Both are colored with an SU! Bermuda Bay marker and a Marvy Pale Orange marker. (I don't have Apricot Appeal.) Both are matted on Bermuda Bay. The sentiment for the first one is from Stampabilities, and the second one is from Stampendous. Both are matted on Apricot Appeal. (I know the colors look different from the first picture to the second, but trust me - they are the same!) I really like the smaller panel with the thinner matting a lot better.

Thanks so much for looking, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

5 comments:

bonnie32002 said...

Great card! Clean & simple with lots-o-color!

Annie said...

Lynette, I love this card! I've never had a wheel and am amazed how evenly the background came out.....and you coloring is beautiful as always! Very nice!
Annie

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

I like the second card better too. Great cards!

Harriet Skelly said...

I love the remake of your first card - what a difference little changes can make!

Danni said...

Very nice--both of them!