Friday, December 4, 2009

Happy Birthday, Bruce!

Bruce Birthday - 2009

This card is for the husband of a friend who just turned 60.  Happy Birthday, Bruce!  (And thanks for sending me the picture, Harriet. :) )

The card base is embossed with a Cuttlebug border embossing folder.  I used an olive green cardstock for the background, and misted it with bleach.  The owl is a dollar stamp from Michaels’s and the sentiment is from Stampendous.  They are stamped with Versamagic Vintage Sepia ink.  The image panel is mounted on Stampin’ Up! Chocolate Chip cardstock.

Sorry the infrequency of posts.  I’ve been trying to get ready for Christmas.  I just finished writing the Christmas letter last night, so I’ll check it over today and get it printed out.  The cards without letters already went out.  I took out all the Christmas decorations yesterday and got the boxes put away.  Now we just have to put the tree up (which we’ve had since last Saturday) and decorate.  The shopping is about half done.  I sure hope we can finish everything really soon so we can sit back and enjoy the season.  That’s my goal!

Thanks for stopping by today, and I hope you’ll come back and visit again soon!

3 comments:

Dawn B. said...

This is a terrific birthday card. I love the image you chose.. Great job..

bonnie32002 said...

The bleach is an interesting effect, I would have never thought to use. Great idea.

Mary said...

What a neat card. It is perfect for a man. I have not done the bleach technique in a very long time. It looks awesome Lynette.

I certainly can identify with all that your doing for Christmas. Like you, I hope to be able to sit back and relax and enjoy every thing soon.

Mary