Saturday, January 30, 2010

Birthday Flowers

Another flowery birthday card from me - imagine that!  I love flowers.  What can I say:)

The flower stamp is from Gina K's set called Lovely Shelf.  I colored it with Prismacolor Pencils and Gamsol.  But, instead of leaving the flowers soft and shading them, I colored them dark.  I did them light at first, but didn't like them very well.  I like them much better this way.  The sentiment is from Papertrey's Birthday Basics set.  All the pink is Pink Pirouette from Stampin' Up!  (It's now retired.)  I also used black for matting the main image panel and I used Pop Dots to mount the sentiment.  Two unusual things about this card.  One is that I didn't use white for the base:)  The other is the bottom sheerish-black layer.  We got a new netbook computer at Christmas, and this is the fibrous, papery thing that was protecting the keyboard.  I was going to toss it, but then I realized it would work somehow on a card!  I like the looks of it - being able to see the pink through it.  A couple pearls for the flower centers and the card is complete.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

3 comments:

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

Very attractive card. I had noticed that most of your cards are white with designs on top of them. When I saw this one I wondered about that dark layer....great idea to recycle something. :) Wonderful card!

Leigh said...

Pretty card Lynette.

Mary said...

The background to this card is beautiful. You do an awesome job coloring flowers.

Mary