Monday, June 28, 2010

Repeat Impressions Stamp of the Week - Lupine

It's Monday again, and time for a new Stamp of the Week from Repeat Impressions!  This week's stamp is Lupine #1711-K.  You can find the stamp here.  Just visit the Repeat Impressions blog, The House That Stamps Built, and learn how to get this stamp at 50% off - this week only!  Isn't it gorgeous?  But then, I love flower stamps!  Also check out the beautiful creations of other Design Team members.  You can find them here:

Here is another view of the card I made using the Lupine stamp.  (When we were in northern Wisconsin last year, we saw lupines all over.  We bought some seeds and planted them a few weeks ago.  I sure hope some of them grow!)  This is a modified side-step card.  There are several places to find directions for a side-step, but I wanted the "set-back" part to be in the middle.  I know there are directions for a card like this, too, but I just took some directions for the side-step and modified it to suit me.  First let me say how I finished the card, and then I'll get into the measurements I used.  I cut the blue cardstock (Stampin' Up!'s Blue Bayou, I believe) to fit on the front with a sixteenth-inch border all around.  I embossed the top parts with a Birds and Swirls Cuttlebug folder.  I scored the lines with my Scor-Pal.  The sentiment is from Repeat Impressions, also.  The middle section of the middle section (:) ) is just plain cardstock.  The back section of the middle section is the image.  I colored it with my blue Copic marker and a Certainly Celery marker from SU! and matted it with Blue Bayou.  OK.  I think that takes care of that part of my description.
One more view of the card, just for fun!, and also the measurements that I used.  I started with a piece of white cardstock cut to "standard" size - 8 1/2 by 5 1/2 inches.  I cut a slit an inch and a half in from each side, from one inch from the bottom to 6 3/8 inches from the bottom. ...  I decided the easiest thing would be for me to show you a diagram.  I had done a "test run" on a piece of computer paper first, so I just wrote the measurements on that.  The dashed lines are mountain folds, and the dotted/dashed lines are valley folds.  The solid lines are where you cut.  I scored the lines with my Scor-Pal, and then folded.   I hope that all makes sense!  I guess if enough people ask for it, I could do a tutorial!  Anyway, here is the diagram with measurements.  You can click on it to enlarge it.
Whew - are you still with me? LOL!  Don't forget - you still have today and tomorrow to make a card for Repeat Impressions' "WHAT IF Wednesday" challenge.  A random participant from the month of June will be selected to win a $25 gift certificate from Repeat Impressions.  Worth playing for, for sure!

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

11 comments:

Unknown said...

This is super fantastic, Lynette!!The blue lupine is beautiful! I love your side step card...thank you so much for the template! I will definitely make one for myself!!

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

I absolutely love this card. I love the template you used for it, the stamp and the colors are wonderful!

Colorado Crafter said...

Stair step cards are my favorite to make... whether center step, like yours or side step or even all the way across which I've also heard called an accordion fold card. They can just be decorated in so many ways. Your colors are so pretty... and I always love embossing. Thanks for sharing your lovely card!

Anonymous said...

Another beautiful card and really, really love the idea that your team is making cards with the same stamp so we have other ideas with the same set- keep it up.
Gloria

Harriet Skelly said...

I absolutely love this card Lynette - and am so pleased to be the lucky owner of it!! When Bruce and Lexi saw it they both said - "Wow that is cool!". Thanks so much for the card!

Dana Joy said...

Fabulous card. I love making these kinds of cards. Super pretty.

bonnie32002 said...

I am SO going to have to try this fold! Thanks for the template.

Whimsey said...

What a GREAT card; love everything about it; the unique folds are so awesome!!

joy said...

I am amazed at your card! Thanks for the instructions! I am so going to try this!

Leigh said...

Oh wow, love this card Lynette.

Suzie said...

Absolutely GORGEOUS! And thanks so much for taking the time to draw out the measurements! You are a dear!