Friday, June 11, 2010

Swan Love Anniversary

A quick card and a quick post for today.


I made this card for my parents.  Their 61st anniversary is coming up soon.  It was really hard to get a good picture of it - sorry.  The card base is a light blue linen-y cardstock.  I stamped the swans (Swan Love from Repeat Impressions - scroll down a ways) with Versamark and embossed with Detail White embossing powder.  I scored the lines with my Scor-Pal and added the ribbon.  The sentiment is stamped in SU!'s Night of Navy and is from the dollar bin at Michael's.


Tomorrow my friend Harriet flies in from California!  We will head down to Des Moines on Sunday morning to meet up with our Yahoo! group friends for our annual "Group Gathering."  I can't wait!  I have some more simple cards to share with you, so I hope to keep up on the blog postings.  Who knows, maybe I'll even share pictures of our fun time:)  We'll spend Sunday shopping and chatting.  Monday we'll spend the WHOLE day at Archiver's (if you're in the area, stop in and say hello!) and then Tuesday we're going to Taylor Van Bruggen's (Taylored Expressions) for a make and take and more shopping.  We'll do lunch, then each go our own ways - and start planning for next year!  Harriet will be staying with me until Thursday, though, so we'll have all day Wednesday to stamp together.


Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

9 comments:

Sheri said...

Beautiful card! I am sure your parents will love it. Only 2 more days!!!!

Liz S. said...

Perfectly perfect! Thank you for sharing!

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

Those swans make a beautiful anniversary card! See you soon!!!

Robin Kirkpatrick said...

Beautiful card, Lynette - great idea to emboss those swans in white! Hope you guys have a great time!

Danni said...

Oh have fun with Harriet!!

Gorgeous card, so elegant!

Shoshi said...

Happy anniversary to your parents! I am sure they will love this beautiful, subtle card.

A few years ago I made a similar one for my parents' anniversary - a photographic card in this case. I took a photo of a side view of a swan, copied it and flipped it, and brought the 2 images together so they were "kissing" as in your card. I was very pleased with it. Trouble is, my mum's a bird expert, and she said "2 male swans would never do that!!!" I didn't know males and females looked different, and of course it was actually the same swan! Doh....

My dad liked it, though!

bonnie320002 said...

The white embossing is lovely....anyone would love to receive this one.

Mary said...

Love the card that you made for your parents anniversary. It is very pretty. I hope they have a wonderful day.

It sounds like you have a very busy weekend planned with your freind Harriet. I hope you do post some photos.

Mary

Ayana Posadas said...

Wow Lynette... it sure seems like you and Harriet will have TONS of fun together! Did you guys know each other before the RI team??

Oh, and yes, you should definitely post some pics of your fun times! :)