Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Thank You Card Swap

I made this card for a swap in my Yahoo! group - and got to deliver it in person!  The theme this month was a Thank You card.


I used a Michael Strong stamp (that I got at last year's Group Gathering - thanks Andrea and Mike!) called Cloisonné Tulip.  I stamped it with Versamark on green and purple cardstocks and embossed it with Gold Detail embossing powder.  I colored them with a couple Stampin' Up! markers.  I cut out the tulip and the leaves and adhered them to some more purple cardstock.  I popped the tulip up on Pop Dots.  I matted it with green, then matted it with a larger piece of purple.  I rubbed the Versamark pad on the edges of the purple, and embossed with gold embossing powder.  The sentiment is from Verve, and is also embossed.


Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

4 comments:

bonnie32002 said...

I LOVE Michael Strong's Stamps. But sad to say I don't have a one of em' I'm especially fond of the vase that can be used so many ways. Maybe someday.

Love what you did, the colors, everything. Beautiful as always.

Colorado Crafter said...

Very cool card! I love purple with gold... not to mention they were my old high school colors! LOL!!

Barbara said...

This is beautiful, Lynette. I love the gold embossing. Great touch.

Barb

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

And I was the lucky recipient of this card. Thanks, Lynette! (They were my school colors, too.)