Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Happy Birthday, Joyce!


This is for a friend from my Yahoo! group.  Happy Birthday tomorrow, Joyce!  (She is in California now, and I don't honestly think she will be checking my blog.)


I started by punching the flowers on a scrap of white, just to test a new punch.  I liked it, so I added the scoring and stamped the sentiment (from Papertrey Ink)  Then I matted it on Perfect Plum cardstock from Stampin' Up! and added the pearl centers, and I also mounted it on Dimensionals.  The background was made with a stamp from Archivers (the leaves) stamped in Tim Holtz Peeled Paint ink and a "dot" stamp from a PTI set in Perfect Plum.  The bottom piece is mounted on Old Olive.


On a personal note, we found out yesterday that our son and daughter-in-law will be having a boy!  They are due in December.  How exciting!!!


Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow - very pretty!
Gloria

Anonymous said...

Another beautiful card!
Kathleen.

Sheri said...

Ohhh that is a beauty! Congrats on another little baby boy. So sweet.

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

What a cute card! Such a fun thing that you started off tesing a punch and then created a card from it. :) You've given me an idea for my little leaves from Archivers. And congrats on a future grandson!

Colorado Crafter said...

I haven't had time to leave comments lately, but I look at your blog every day! You gals that have a card to share every single day amaze me... wish I could do it. This is a great one. I love all the elements... the stamped background as well as the punched layer. Thanks for the inspiration!!!

Suzie said...

This is REALLY pretty, Lynette. Love the colors and the design alot! I will definitely be saving this one ;-)
Oh, how fun to hear that another baby boy is going to be joining your family!!

Hugs,
Suzie

Mary said...

Hi Lynette,

I really like the punch that you used. I don't thnk that I've seen it any where. I also ike the scoring that you did on your card. Very pretty.

Oh wow! You going to have 3 grandchildren??? How very exciting for you. Congratulations.

Mary

Leigh said...

Great looking card Lynette.