Sunday, July 4, 2010

Happy Independence Day! (And Happy Anniversary, Vicki!)

Well, it's Independence Day here in the USA!  I hope all my fellow Americans are enjoying the holiday.  And Happy Anniversary, Vicki and Gary!


To make this card, I stamped the outer design in Brocade Blue, then stamped the inner design in Old Olive. I also stamped the inner design on scrap paper in blue and cut out the butterfly. Since the butterfly was behind the leaf on the stamp, I cut around the leaf with a craft knife and put the butterfly behind it. The butterflies in the corners are from the same set, as is the sentiment. The main image panel is mounted on Old Olive cardstock. I added pearls to the butterflies and the sentiment.  The stamps are all from Papertrey Ink's Round & Round.  EDITED TO ADD:  Round & Round was PTI's Anniversary set, which could only be obtained by purchasing 12 sets from them throughout the year.  Or, be lucky enough to have a good friend who received two and shared! :) )


Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Independence Day from one of your admirers in France!
Another lovely card.

Enjoy your holiday.
Kathleen.

Karen Hasheck said...

Beautiful card! Is that set (Round and Round) available yet from Papertrey? I could not find on their website...

Karen Hasheck

Sheri said...

very pretty card! I love blue and white - well I love blue and anything! You layout is so pretty - makes you want to just sit and stare at the card

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

And I'm the lucky recipient of that beautiful card. And here I was going to see if I could find that set on PTI. I love that stamp!

Shoshi said...

Happy Independence Day, Lynette, from a fan in the UK! Hope you're having a lovely day with lots of fun things to do.

Thanks for your nice post on my blog about the all-in-one box. It's such a clever bit of cutting and folding, isn't it! Glad to know someone else does plain white mock-ups, too!

Shoshi

Ayana Posadas said...

So pretty!
I love the way you added the pearls!

sarah said...

beutiful card very elegant xoxo