Sunday, August 29, 2010

Happy Anniversary, Joanne and Mark!

Anniversary Wishes go out to my friend Joanne and her husband, Mark! This is the card I sent them.

It's called a "Free-Standing Pop-Up" card.  The instructions I used were from SplitCoastStampers.  You can find them here.  You'll find written instructions as well as a video tutorial.  It's really very simple to make.  Figuring out how to decorate it is definitely the hardest part!  My cardstock is all Stampin' Up!  I used Pale Plum, Perfect Plum, and Old Olive.  (Can you believe it - NO WHITE!)  I used a Cuttlebug border folder and also my Swiss Dots folder.  The stamps are all from Papertrey's Wishing You set.  The butterfly is done with a Martha Stewart punch.

Here is a picture of the card folded flat.  Well, almost flat.  It's as flat as I could get it for a picture.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

7 comments:

Christina said...

That's a beautifull card Lynette! Love the purple!
Hugs Kristel

Harriet Skelly said...

What a fun card Lynette! I love the colors!

klarcher said...

Beautiful card and thanks for the link to the demo

Anonymous said...

This card is even MORE gorgeous in real life! I love the fact that it stands up and doesn't fall over when someone walks past it, too. You are such a pro at these pop up cards, and I'm honored to get one!
Joanne

Tami said...

Hey neighbor. Your cards are very pretty. I haven't been to Michael's in like 2 months which is just unbelievable. Thanks for the blog love. I am getting ready to post a card. Its been ages. Love the nice HOT breeze today and not too much humidity.

Mary said...

Lynette, Ilove your free pop up standingcard, It is very pretty. I have never made one and not sure i will only becuase it looks like too muh work. :) I love looking at yours.'

Mary

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

Very fun card! Thanks for the link to the tutorial!