Sunday, September 26, 2010

Four Cards - One Stamp

I have four cards to share with you today.  They all use part of a stamp from Stampin' Up!'s Festive Favorites. I got this stamp set from a good on-line friend.  She sent it to me as a "thank you" for helping her with a couple things.  Thanks again, so much, Gloria!!  I also have a prayer request at the end of the post, if you read it that far:)

The biggest stamp of the set is three rows of objects - trees, reindeer and snowmen.  I cut the stamp into three pieces so that I can stamp them separately.  That works much better for a "clean and simple" stamper like me!  I can always put them back together if I want to use them all at once.  For today's cards, I only used the trees.  I used a Deckle Rectangle Nestability for this card.  The sentiment is a dollar stamp from Michael's.  I used various Stickles on each card.


The sentiment on this second one is from a clear dollar set from JoAnn's.  I also did a little bit of embossing with a border folder from Cuttlebug.


Same sentiment as the first one.  I did not mat the image panel - just white on white.  You can't really tell in the photo - I only colored the outlines of the trees and then decorated them.  I also covered each tree with Stickles.


Same sentiment as the second card.  Different orientation.

And now for the prayer request.  While we were in town for our two funerals, my mother-in-law fell and broke her hip.  She will be 93 years old in November.  She will be having a partial hip replacement today around noon.  We would appreciate any prayers you would say for her, specifically for her to survive the surgery, have a speedy recovery, and lastly to be able to return to her home following her recovery.  Thank you all so much!!!

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

7 comments:

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

Very nice variety of cards using the same main stamp. You're way ahead for Christmas cards now. :)

Robin Kirkpatrick said...

Fabulous cards, Lynette. So sorry to hear about your MIL. Broken hips are so hard. Hope the surgery goes well. I'll be thinking of you.

Annie said...

You got it Lynette!! Please keep us posted to her progress.

Great cards from one stamp!!

Anonymous said...

Most welcome! You have made some beautiful cards with that stamp set! I'm praying for your mother-in-law that surgery will be successful, a good recovery and for the Lord to guide the surgeon's hands!
Gloria

Harriet Skelly said...

Great set of cards, Lynette! I know your MIL came through surgery well and I pry that she continues to improve!

Christina said...

Love the gorgeous christmas cards Lynette! Good luck!
Hugs Kristel

bonnie32002 said...

Really nice; love the variations.

Prayers going out to your MIL.