Saturday, January 22, 2011

Hoppy Hoppy Birthday

(Not sure why this didn't post at 5:00, but here it is - better late than never!)  I was given some boxes full of crafting supplies by a co-worker of my son.  There were things that I would not use (very light wooden boxes, clothespins, etc) but also lots of pre-cut pieces of Stampin' Up! cardstock and other things.  There were a few pieces that were stamped and some that were even colored.  This card was made with two of those pieces.

The frog and the pocket are from a SU! set called Pocket Fun.  They were already colored.  I cut them out and added the "googly" eyes.  The striped paper is from a Die Cuts With a View matstack.  The sentiment (from Papertrey Ink) said "Happy Happy Birthday" but I punched out circles from the green part of the striped paper and added them to make it say "Hoppy Hoppy Birthday."  At least, I hope that is how it is now read!

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

6 comments:

Sheri said...

Very cute Lynette. I do remember that set and either have it or used to have it. You did a nice job with it and yes, it does read "hoppy" :)

Suzie said...

Too cute and very clever, Lynette! Happy Weekend!
Hugs, Suzie

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

Cute card! Great idea to punch out the "a" and add your own green circle there.

JUDI said...

I love the colors in the paper you used, and the googly eyes really made the frog stand out. Hoppy hoppy was a really neat idea.

Sandy said...

What at great put together. I love the idea of making happy into hoppy. Hoppy Weekend to you, Lynette.

Unknown said...

Very clever card. Love the layout & the colors.