Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Blue and Lavender Challenge -and a Blog Award

I made this card for a swap challenge for my Yahoo! group.  The challenge was to use blue and lavender.

My image is from Stampin' Up!'s Fishy Friends set.  I stamped it with Memento black ink and colored it with Copic markers.  After coloring, I misted it with Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist - Glacier.  (Among other places, it's available in the Creating Everlasting Memories eBay store.  Here is a link to the store.)  I matted with blue SU! cardstock.  I also misted the white piece across the center with the Glimmer mist.  The sentiment is from Papertrey Ink's set called Pond Life Sentiments.  The purple patterned paper is from Die Cuts With a View.  I sponged SU!'s Brocade Blue ink around the edges.  The main image panel is mounted on foam squares.

I also want to thank my friend, Vicki, for giving me a blog award.  She has awarded me a Liebster Blog award.  It is to bring new visitors to beginning blogs.  Thanks, Vicki!  I don't usually pass these awards on, but I did want to acknowledge the award.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

2 comments:

Sheri said...

Very cute! I haven't sent mine yet so can't put it on my blog yet. Soon though1

Danni said...

Cute card!!