Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Repeat Impressions - Designers Choice Challenge: Watercolor

The Repeat Impressions Designer's Choice Challenge for this time is to watercolor an image on your card or project.  Not something I normally do, but I really did enjoy it!  We'd love to have you join in.  One lucky participant will win a full sheet of unmounted rubber!  Please visit the Repeat Impressions blog, The House That Stamps Built, for all the details and to see the other Rock Stars' creations.  Or follow these links to their blogs:

Darsie ~ Harriet ~Joy ~ Karen ~ Maki ~ Michele ~ Miriam ~ Robin

For my card, I started with the Bird and Blossoms stamp, found on this page.  I stamped it with Versafine Onyx Black ink on watercolor paper.  (The watercolor paper I used is some old stuff from when our kids were younger.  It says it's watercolor paper for kids, so I'm guessing it's not very good quality!)  I used Stampin' Up! inks - Rose Romance, Old Olive, Brocade Blue and More Mustard.  I "smooshed" them on to my Stamp-a-ma-jig plastic and used an Aqua Painter.  I even tried doing some shading! I matted with Kiwi Kiss cardstock from SU! and covered the card base with some patterned paper from Cafe Mediterranean from Die Cuts With a View.  I mounted the image panel on Dimensionals, too.  I added the pearls to the corners and the sentiment, which is also from Repeat Impressions.


We'd love to have you join us.  Just create your card or project, upload to your blog or an on-line gallery, and link it to the Repeat Impressions blog.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very eye catching. the coloring is done to perfection and the thing that really makes "it" is the textured white card stock. It gives it an elegant feel to it.

Gotta get me some of that stuff!!

Sheri said...

So very pretty. Love the corners. They really draw your eye to the middle.

Harriet Skelly said...

This is beautiful Lynette - I love the pearl accents in the corners!

joy said...

This is a beautiful card! I love the coloring and the texture of the water color paper!

Whimsey said...

Beautiful; love the added pearls, so elegant!

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

Very pretty stamp and the coloring is very pretty. Like everyone, I love the pearls added to the two corners!

Mary said...

Whata lovely card Lynette. The colors you used are so soft and pretty. Love the pink pearls that you added.

Mary

Barbara said...

Beautiful card, Lynette. I like your choice of background color.

Miriam said...

So glad you enjoyed the challenge! Your card is just lovely!

Robin Kirkpatrick said...

Beautiful card, Lynette! You've water-colored the image wonderfully!

Marge said...

Really a beautiful card, Lynette! Your coloring is gorgeous!!!

Leslie Miller said...

Beautiful! Kind of CAS with coloring -- love it! The image is gorgeous!