Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Repeat Impressions WHAT IF? Wednesday Sketch

Time for another WHAT IF? Wednesday.  Wendy, the owner and creator of all the Repeat Impressions stamps, gives us a sketch to work with, and we create the cards and invite you to play along.  Visit the Repeat Impressions blog, The House That Stamps Built, for all the details and to see what the Design Team has come up with.  One lucky winner for the month will win a $25 gift certificate to RI.  Create your card, upload it, and link it to the blog.  You can also follow these links to the other Rock Stars' blogs:

Darsie ~ Dawn ~ Harriet ~Joy ~ Karen ~ Maki ~ Michele ~ Miriam ~ Robin


Here is the sketch for this time.  For my card, I used the same stamp as yesterday's card - Comfy Chair, available on this page.  I paper pieced it again, using four different patterns from a 7 Gypsies paper pad.  In fact, all the papers are from the same pad, except the black matting.  The sentiment is from Repeat Impressions, also.  The chair panel is mounted on Dimensionals.


Don't forget about the Designer's Choice challenge using watercoloring.  You can find the details on that challenge here.


Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

10 comments:

Sheri said...

I like it! And I love the saying! Think I should go read my book :)

Whimsey said...

I love this image; it's fabulous paper pieced; I have a good book; just need a comfy chair! :D

Sandy said...

Oh Lynette, this sentiment says it all LOL
You are really inspiring me to try some paper piecing, Thanks.

joy said...

Great card with perfect paper piecing! Love the one in the lower left -- I need those colors for my sunroom! Wonderful job!

Barbara said...

Great card! That comfy chair is a very versatile stamp!

Mary said...

Great idea using the same image for each block. I love the 7 Gypsies paper that you used.

Mary

Miriam said...

I want to curl up in one of those chairs with a book! Great card.

Anonymous said...

I think I have to get that chair stamp from RI- just looks perfect paper pieced and so comfortable. Great card!

Karen

Anonymous said...

I think I have to get that chair stamp from RI- just looks perfect paper pieced and so comfortable. Great card!

Karen

Unknown said...

What a wonderful card Lynette! I love each of paper pieced chairs! Beautifully done!