Thursday, August 25, 2011

Happy Birthday, Eric!

Our son's birthday was Tuesday and we BOUGHT him a card! I thought it sounded like a good idea, but then I decided I had to make him a card, too. So, I designed this in my head during the day on Tuesday and as soon as Owen (our grandson) left for the day, I made the card. It turned out pretty much like I imagined it.


I did the background words on the computer on glossy cardstock. I brayered using three colors of Stampin' Up! blue. I matted with black. The letters were stamped in Baja Breeze using a Stampin' Up! alphabet. I punched them out using an EK Success punch. I punched the mats using a Martha Stewart punch. The letters are mounted on foam squares. Simple, but I'm glad he got a hand-made card again this year:)


Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

6 comments:

Sheri said...

Oh he will love it. Handmade is so much better than bought but sometimes you have to do both to convey the message you want to send. Great job

Sandy said...

Great card Lynette! I really like the grading of the colour you got on the background. I'm sure Eric will love it!

Chookarooni said...

Another great card Lynette am sure he will love it!

Shoshi said...

That's great, Lynette! I love the shiny finish, and the bold, simple letters. Most effective, and nice and "manly" too!

Marge said...

Super masculine card, Lynette! I'm sure he LOVED it!

Christina said...

That is a gorgeous card again Lynette!
Hugs Kristel