Sunday, October 23, 2011

Birthday Elephant

I was done working on my Repeat Impressions cards for the week (which you'll see on Monday and Wednesday) and I really felt like making more. So, I dug out my card parts boxes and picked out several items.


The orange panel was already cut. It's from a Die Cuts With a View stack called Cafe Mediterranean. I matted it, and the other layer, with Chocolate Chip from Stampin' Up! The bottom panel was already scored with my Scor-Pal and in my box. The elephant was actually left over from our daughter-in-law. It was cut with a Cuttlebug die. I never would have thought to simply cut it from one color and leave the eyes and ears open. I would have tried dealing with the tiny pieces cut from another color. It's so fun to have other people use your things and get new ideas! I'll miss them when they don't live with us any more. I mounted the elephant on Dimensionals. The sentiment is from Papertrey Ink and is stamped with Chocolate Chip ink. EDITED TO ADD: The card base, bottom layer and the elephant are all ivory/cream.


Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

He, the elephant, is adorable and you do such a wonderful job scoring!!!!
Gloria

Sheri said...

such an adorable card. It is fun to look at things through someone else's eyes.

Sandy said...

Oh Lynette, what a cute card! All those peices from your card parts boxes sure came together to make a great project.

Shoshi said...

Great scoring on your card! That's fun to do, isn't it. Thanks for your lovely comment on my blog - I'm hoping to make some sales soon!!

Lisa Lara said...

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww such cuteness Lynette. Love love that little die cut ellie!

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, that elephant is darling! Another of your simply perfect cards! Love how you're using your "parts", too.