Sunday, February 19, 2012

"Christmas Sunday"

 I haven't done much stamping for about a week, so it felt kind of good to stay up late and work on a couple cards. I thought I'd do Christmas ones, since I didn't have any to share last week.


This first one was done using Natasha's Clean and Simple Stamping Fall-To Layout #178. You can find it here. I really like this layout. All three stamps that I used are from the same Inkadinkado set. I stamped them all with Versamark and embossed with Detail Gold embossing powder. The matting is shimmery gold. The image panel is mounted on Dimensionals.
I made this second one using an item from my "card parts" box. The trees were already embossed using a Lasting Impressions brass stencil with shimmery silver cardstock. I matted with Old Olive and embossed the sentiment (a dollar stamp from Michael's) with Detail Silver embossing powder.


I'm also linking this post to the Christmas Card Challenge blog, which you can find here. Since I pre-post my blog and their specific challenges start on Sunday, I can't do the themes for the week. But the real challenge is to get Christmas cards done!


Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

12 comments:

Sheri said...

I like them both. I really should try to dry emboss again. Or I could go for my card parts. I have a box as well that I put stuff into but never seem to take stuff out of

Marianne said...

I especially like your first card, very elegant.

Kris Chirhart said...

Both are very pretty, Lynette! I especially love the gold snowflakes. You do such a good job digging in your card parts box!! I really need to do that.

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

I like both but I think the first one is my favorite. I like all the "gold". I thik I may have that L I stencil though...hmmmm....maybe a good idea for this next Christmas.

Cindy Coutts @ Cindy B Designs said...

They are both equally beautiful cards. Thank you so much for playing along with us at the Clean and Simple Stamping Blog (Fall to Layout), and we hope to see you back next week with more of your inspiring creations!

Harriet Skelly said...

Both cards are great - my favorite is the FTL one - so pretty!

Gisèle said...

So very, very lovely! I'll have to CASE it - likely in multiple different colours!

Donna Ellis said...

Your cards are so quiet and peaceful in design. Very elegant, too. TFS

Lisa Lara said...

Oh Wow. These are both beautiful Lynette. I just love how beautiful the first one is. Stunning. The second one I love the embossing and the use of grey.

Unknown said...

Those are fabulous cards...especially for procrastinators and making a ton of them... great layouts. Thanks for sharing at CCC this week.

RiNNE said...

Pretty creations! Thanks for playing with us at CCC!

Margo said...

Beautiful CAS card!
Thanks for joining in at CCC this week!