Friday, May 25, 2012

Double-Sponged Dragonfly

Heather Telford was the Featured Stamper on SplitCoastStampers a few weeks ago. What a great gallery! She does lots of sponging - wonderful technique!! She put a tutorial on her blog, also, for this double sponging technique. You can find it here. This card is done using that technique, but hardly to the quality of hers:) I'll try again some time.


I cut a square with a Nestability and used it for a mask. I sponged some orange and yellow on the cardstock and then stamped in orange with a Stampin' Up! background stamp. Then I used a Repeat Impressions dragonfly and stamped with Versamark and embossed with clear embossing powder. I then sponged Soft Suede over it all. I matted with Soft Suede, also and mounted with Pop Dots. The sentiment is from Gina K and I used Soft Suede for it.


Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

5 comments:

Liz S. said...

Lynette, this is beautiful!

Chookarooni said...

Lovely card - every bit as nice as Heather's! thanks for sharing this technique
Mary-Jane

Heather T said...

It is a gorgeous card; you chose lovely colors and a delightful image. I'm so glad you had a go; thanks for yor kind words.

Leanne said...

Hi Lynette!
Wow, this is beautiful! Love those colors together and that dragonfly is fabulous! Great job with the technique!
Hope all is well!
;)

Dawn B. said...

I have always loved this stamp. What a gorgeous look this technique gives your card. Love it.