Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Flutter By Wednesday

A new challenge from Flutter By Wednesday starts today. And it's everyone's favorite - Open! Just be sure to include your butterfly or fairy. We are sponsored this week by Beccy's Place. She generously supplied images to members of the FBW team. The image I chose is called Blossom Sprig. So pretty! She is also donating a prize to one random winner - three free digis of your choice. Be sure to check out her blog, too. There is lots of inspiration and also lots of free images on the blog under "Freebies." So what are you waiting for? Simply create your card with a fairy or butterfly, post it to your blog or on-line gallery, and link it up the Flutter By Wednesday blog!

I colored my image with Copics and kept everything very simple. I matted with black, stamped the sentiment (from a Papertrey Ink set) and added a couple little black butterflies with beige pearl bodies. They were punched with a Martha Stewart punch.

Edited to add: I'm entering this card into the Repeat Impressions Designer's Choice Challenge for this week. The challenge is to make a Clean and Simple card. I think this qualifies:)

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

Such a happy card and beautiful coloring!
gloria

Sheri said...

Lynette, this looks store bought. Absolutely beautiful.

Sandy said...

Lovely card Lynette. Great colouring job.

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

Love that image! Such a pretty color for the flowers and I think your card qualifies for the CAS category too. :)

Joanne said...

Simple and GORGEOUS....such realistic looking flowers!

Char said...

Gorgeous!!!!!

Chrissy said...

Stunning Lynette..a perfect CAS card with gorgeous colouring..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Danni said...

So very pretty! I love the way you colored the flowers! Gorgeous!

Kathy said...

So very pretty. Great coloring on the flowers.

Vicky said...

Beautiful card ,perfectly colored and the image is so pretty :)

Harriet Skelly said...

Love your coloring on this CAS beauty!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Gorgeous coloring! Jumped right out of my reader :)

JUDI said...

LYNETTE, this is BEAUTIFUL. It reminds me of a MOCK ORANGE BUSH I had when I lived In southern Missouri.
With Love Judi

Jenée said...

This is such a pretty image, and you've colored it up in such lovely colors. Super, beautiful card!

Leslie Miller said...

Beautiful flowers! Love your sweet little perfectly placed butterflies, too. Wish I had time to play. I've got some butterflies and fairies I'm wanting to use.

Cassie_lu said...

the flowers made a great frame for the sentiment.

Denice said...

Wise choice in keeping this simple...the image stands alone with the wonderful coloring you did on it!
:Dxx