Saturday, September 14, 2013

Butterfly Birthday

Well, my supply of cards to post has pretty much come to an end:) I had a streak of three days where I got to spend most all day in my stamping room. I had lots of cards to share after that. However, that was almost three weeks ago, and I've hardly had any stamping time after that. This is the only one I've made since then.

The butterfly and the leafy swirl were both cut at our Group Gathering in June with Memory Box dies. I used a Stampin' Up! embossing folder on the butterfly and added a gem. The patterned paper is from an old SU! pad. I rounded the bottom corners and matted with black. I stamped the sentiment (from TPC Studios) with black on a separate piece of the patterned paper and placed it on the right edge. (I had tried stamping with Versamark and embossing with white, but it did not show up well enough.) After attaching the butterfly, I added the antennae and body with a black marker.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

5 comments:

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

Very pretty dp and love the embossing on the butterfly. Very nice addition of the flourish.

Joanne said...

ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS!

Danni said...

Pretty! Love the texture on the butterfly!

Mary said...

I love all of the butterfly cards that you have made. They are all beautiful. If I had to guess I would say that you are fond of butterflies. :)

Mary

Leslie Miller said...

A pretty butterfly and die combo over a golden garden of petite flowers!

ps: I saw your teacup card on Digital Two for Tuesday. Fabulous inspiration for all who visit there!