Sunday, March 9, 2014

Butterfly Birthday

A birthday card for a college student. It's hard to be creative when it's been a while since I did any stamping. I cased a card of mine for this card. And unfortunately it's going to be late, as her birthday is today. :( Oh well, better late than never.

I sponged Tim Holtz Distress Ink (Dusty Concord and Iced Spruce) through a die cut opening for the butterfly. The sentiment is stamped in Dusty Concord and is from Impression Obsession. I sponged the same purple ink around the edges. The card base and image panel are ivory.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

8 comments:

Sheri said...

Very pretty. I am sure she will love it no matter when it arrives.

Sandy said...

Lovely card Lynette.
You have every right with all that's been going on in your life to be a little late with a card, I'm sure she will understand.

Chookarooni said...

Lovely card - sending hugs
M-J

Mary said...

Love the way that you sponged the butterfly. A very pretty card. I'm sure the student will love it Lynette. :)

Mary

bonnie32002 said...

So very pretty!

Teresa said...

Just beautiful. I'm sure she won't mind getting it late.

Shoshi said...

This is a rather different style for you, Lynette! I love the blended ink effect - very subtle. I am sure the recipient will be delighted, even if it is after the event.

Thanks for your visit - I do make cards sometimes, and now I've got this new Stampin' Up stuff it will make life easier. The trouble is, I'm always tempted to turn every card into a major mixed media work of art lol and it all takes far too long!!

Shoshi

Leslie Miller said...

I'm sure she knows you've had a lot going on in your life. A late BD card is no less pretty and appreciated, and this one is lovely.