Sunday, March 23, 2014

"Guy" Birthday Card - Part 2

Part Two of yesterday's post - although there was only part one when I posted it!

I kept looking at the cut-out of the birch trees and wondering what I should do with it. (It was cut out of white with my Cameo Silhouette.) I decided to use my Versafine Onyx Black ink pad to color it. That worked well - I just kept tapping it until it was all black. So, today's card is VERY similar to yesterday's. The sentiment is from Verve. I colored it with a Tim Holtz black distress marker and stamped it off. Then I spritzed it with water and stamped. I matted with black and mounted on foam squares. The red bird is left over from yesterday's card - cut with a Martha Stewart Birds on a Wire punch.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

3 comments:

Leslie Miller said...

I'm very impressed with your two birch tree cards and your creative ideas for two distinctly different looks -- one soft and subtle and the other very crisp. They make perfect guy cards and the red bird is just the right touch of color. So often the guy cards appeal to me, too, because I love nature images so much.

JUDI said...

I LOVE BOTH CARDS, they are well done. My fav. is this one: neat crisp and cool.
With Love Judi

Mary said...

I love both of your masculine cards Lynette. Adding the little cardinal was a great idea. You always seem to come up with wonderful ideas using your cut out pieces.:)

Mary