Saturday, March 22, 2014

"Guy" Birthday Card

A birthday card for my brother-in-law.

I cut the birch trees out with my Cameo SIlhouette, just to see how they would cut. It worked nicely. But, I cut it out of white cardstock, and didn't think I could really use it for anything, since the space between the trees was white, and not the trees themselves. So, I thought to myself, "You could use this as a stencil and use white ink on black cardstock." So, that's what I did:) The sentiment is stamped with the same white ink - it's from Papertrey Ink. I mounted it on foam squares. The little bird was cut with my Martha Stewart "Birds on a Wire" border punch.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

1 comment:

Harriet Skelly said...

Good thinking Lynette! This is gorgeous! I love where you placed that red bird.