Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Happy Birthday to My Dad

This is the card I made for my dad for his birthday. His birthday is not until April 17, but I keep making cards that I can't show yet so I wanted to share something! (The recipients of the other cards I've made read my blog.) I am almost done making cards for April - one more to go.

Anyway, not the most masculine card, but those are hard for me. I used a Gina K set for the images. I stamped them on cardstock with Tim Holtz Iced Spruce ink and punched them out with a Marvy punch. Then I took another piece of white cardstock and punched three circles evenly spaced. I used my Martha Stewart scoring tool to score a double line above and below the circles. I stamped the sentiment in the same color ink using a Papertrey Ink sentiment. I used the sentiment panel as a template for gluing the punched-out circles onto the card front, and then mounted it on foam squares for dimension.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

10 comments:

Sandie C said...

Great looking card - love the way you have lined up the stamping with the circles and the added scoring. TFS

JUDI said...

LYNETTEI, I love your card. This shade of green is so beautiful, and I love your use of scoring. NEAT, NEAT, NEAT.
With Love Judi

bonnie32002 said...

It's a greate design and I know your Dad will love it!

Sheri said...

I absolutely love this card. I love the color of cardstock you chose and the image stamps you used. Not sure I could line them up as well as you did. Never have figured out how to do that. Great card!

Sandy said...

What a great card for your Dad! I really love those colors and the framing with the circles is so effective.

Mary said...

I think your card is beautiful and it can be for men or women. The colors that you chose to use for your fathers card make the card look more masculine. :) Stay warm.

Mary

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, this turned out just beautiful! Love the design, colors and stamps. I thought at first it was white embossed on that muted blue, but I see it is ink. Lovely!

quirks59m said...

Lynette - loved this card. Cased it using some of the small floral stamps that I have on black then coated with a silvery perfect pearls. Love the black and white look as well.

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

Really like this card with the windows and the color of blue. Perfect stamps to use in the openings.

Annie said...

I really love everything about this card. I have trouble with masculine cards, but this is great, in that it can be for either, but the color lends itself well to masculine.