Sunday, June 29, 2014

Die-Cut Stencil

I made both of these cards thanks to a die cut that I made at our Group Gathering last week. For this first card, I used the actual die cut. I simply trimmed it down and glued it to the card front. I used an old Stampin' Up! stamp for the flower and sentiment - using markers to ink up the stamp. I matted with matching cardstock, mounted on foam squares and added a gem to the flower center.
For this second one, I used the die cut as a stencil. I sponged through it with two colors of Distress ink. (Hard to tell, I know, but trust me - there is a green and a blue.) The sentiment is stamped in the blue color using a Papertrey Ink stamp.
Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

6 comments:

Sheri said...

Both very nice cards! I can see the green and blue on my computer. Looks great!

JUDI said...

Very nice stamping and stenciling. I have not tried stenciling with a dye yet, I need to go for it and see how I like it. Your cards are really neat..I love them. TFS
With Love Judi

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

I can make out a little difference in the blue and green on the second card. That makes a really neat border whether you use it as a stencil or a strip like on the first one.

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Again I have been inspired to "take off" with one of your techniques. Thanks for the great ideas!

Leslie Miller said...

Very fun and interesting! I like both of them. Amazing how perfectly the stenciled one worked out. Another thing I keep meaning to try...