Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Birthday Owls

When I was perusing through my sticker drawers, I found this package of five owl stickers from Sandylion. I've had them for a long time, just like most of my many stickers! But, I used them up on these two cards.

For this first one, I cut the openings with a Papertrey die out of a quarter piece of ivory cardstock. I adhered a piece of patterned paper behind it and added it to the card front. I stuck one owl in each square and then stamped the sentiment in brown. The sentiment is from Hero Arts.
After cutting the three square openings for the top card, I was left with three squares! I added the remaining two owls to two of them and stamped a sentiment (from Hero Arts) on the third one. I mounted the sentiment panel on foam squares. The bottom section was embossed with a Darice embossing folder.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

5 comments:

Sandie C said...

Both great looking cards - love that die with the 3 cut outs and the clever way you used the squares that were cut out with them

bonnie32002 said...

These are STINKIN' cute!

Leslie Miller said...

These are both so dang cute, Lynette! LOVE!

Jeanette said...

Oh these are CUTE!! I really needed an idea for some stickers. LOL Thanks Lynette!!

Mary said...

I love both of the owl cards that you have made using the 3D Owl stickers. I have got to get back using stickers to make some fun cards again soon. Thanks for the inspiration Lynette. :)

Mary