Monday, February 9, 2015

For a Friend #2

OK, I've moved on to my next Stampin' Up! set. This one is called "For a Friend." I continue to make progress towards my goal of using all of my SU! sets. I'm happy to have had so much stamping time lately!

I stamped the image with Memento black ink and colored with Copics. I mounted the panel on foam squares. I inked up the birthday embossing folder from Cuttlebug, then embossed the background.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

3 comments:

Shoshi said...

I really like this one, Lynette. I have never had very much success with inking an embossing folder, but this has come out very well indeed. I love the colour and the tiny touch of contrast in the candle flame. Very nice work as always!

Thank your for such a sweet comment, and for your kind words and good wishes for my upcoming surgery. I just wish it was all over and done with because I'm so not looking foward to it! At least it is not as serious as we'd feared. I was so touched by that gift from the little girls! People are so kind.

Shoshi

Leslie Miller said...

Super cute sentiment stamp! The inked up embossed background really makes the whole card. It always comes out so good when you do it.

bonnie32002 said...

Love the inked embossing folder for the background; it really makes the whole design pop instead of just embossed card stock!